Tony Peden writes:

 > > In real life, it's also much harder to do a tail strike than it is
 > > with the JSBSim 172 -- it's quite safe to pull all the way back on the
 > > yoke to keep the weight off the nosewheel.
 >
 > Hmm, downwash (or, more precisely, the lack thereof)

I cannot say.  One thing we're not modelling yet is nosewheel shimmy:
on the 172s I fly, the nosewheel starts to vibrate very unpleasantly
at around 50kt if it still has weight on it, so raising it is the only
way to have a smooth takeoff roll.  On landing, it's just as
noticeable; by around 40kt, I often have the yoke pulled back all the
way (gradually, of course), both to take weight off the nosewheel and
to put more weight on the mains to improve braking -- besides, it just
looks cool rolling down the runway with the nosewheel six inches up in
the air.

All the best,

David

n.b. My airport is near sea level; at higher elevations, the indicated
airspeed would be lower to give the same ground speed.

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/