Curtis L. Olson writes:

 > > Don't say that.  You know what'll happen _now_ when you next fly ...
 > > Also, although I've said it before, don't forget to practice a bit,
 > > before flying to an airshow or other event with _many_ spectators !
 >
 > Would you like to buy a pair of slightly used C172 wing tip scuff
 > guards?  Protects the paint and the red/green lights, guaranteed not
 > to break off before the wing.  Now available in a trendy neon color
 > assortment.

Fortunately, I've never seen a landing where the wingtips even came
close to touching the ground -- the excursions are usually pitch or
yaw rather than roll.  The danger to wingtips is hangar rash
(i.e. fender benders) from other aircraft taxiing around the parking
area.

In real life, it's also much harder to do a tail strike than it is
with the JSBSim 172 -- it's quite safe to pull all the way back on the
yoke to keep the weight off the nosewheel.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/