> In real life, it's also much harder to do a tail strike than it is
> with the JSBSim 172 -- it's quite safe to pull all the way back on the
> yoke to keep the weight off the nosewheel.

Try playing with your CG in JSBsim; I routinely see aircraft with their
tail tiedown heavily abraded due to excessive back pressure with aft CG.

I've also seen people flare, balloon, stall, and hit _tail_ first.
Amazingly, they then apply power for the touch-and-go without worries
(as though they do it all the time) instead of finding a mechanic to
have a quick look at the airframe for buckling and/or crack formation.