Curtis L. Olson writes:

 > 2) There seems to be a principle at work that very few people download
 >    and test development and pre-releases.  Mostly it's a few
 >    developers who already know all the tricks, already have all the
 >    prerequisites on their systems, etc.  This means that the big flood
 >    will come after 1.0 is officially released.  That will be when all
 >    the bugs and installation issues and other problems are reported,
 >    and unfortunately not before.  I'm open to suggestions, but I've
 >    tried a lot of things already, and what ever I do has to be able to
 >    fit into my reasonable time limitations.

Even so, we probably need a prolonged 1.0beta period -- perhaps two
months -- with a complete feature freeze.  When we all get bored not
being able to create new features, we might actually start swatting
bugs.  I agree that we need a proper GUI and more planes before then,
and probably better weather as well.  I'd also like to clean up the
file i/o and use more of plib's UL code throughout.

All the best,

David

--
David Megginson, [EMAIL PROTECTED], http://www.megginson.com/