"Norman Vine" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Martin Spott writes:

>> We would need a database where everyone around the world could be
>> granted write access to a dataset that is kept at one central point
>> (later we might talk about replication or a distributed database),

> I think we want to start at the other end  i.e.
> several smaller localized databases with local access control
> Initial decomposition of the World should probably be by Continents
> since there wouldn't be any edge matching problems.

Oh, we already have the tools to do that: Take a copy of the scenery
you want to improve and use FGSD to work on it. Copy the stuff to a
central repository after tweaking ....

This won't be a long term goal. I was thinking about some mechanism
that lets multiple developers (scenery editors) work on one chunk of
scenery _without_ re-inventing synchronization mechanisms,

        Martin.