Lee Elliott wrote:
On Wednesday 01 October 2003 13:39, Erik Hofman wrote:

Innis Cunningham wrote:

Hi Lee
Great aircraft.You sure know how to make us feel inadequate.LOL

Just to get ahead of every one, the 10,000+ vertices are just too much for my poor O2. One every 20 seconds is slightly too slow for good simulation purposes.

Try to get somewhere near 1,000 and you should be fine (actually 2,000 will be fine also, but so far all my models ended up near 1,000

vertices).

Erik

Yeah - none of my models could be regarded as low-poly. Then again, the shapes of the models I tend to do are quite complex and not a simple tube like the majority of airliners. There's quite an overhead in doing the detail stuff like the engines and u/c, but I try to ameliorate that by de-selecting all the u/c stuff when it's retracted. I figured out the single-sided polys thing too:)

Don't get me wrong, I do like your models very much. But I hate to see all the models having the same level of details. Some aircraft need a lot of polygons, I can understand that.

What I'm hoping is there will be a bunch of good quality low polygons aircraft available also (for people like myself using less than optimal hardware).

Erik