On Thursday 02 October 2003 03:52, Jim Wilson wrote:
> BTW there is a plib bug showing up on the bottom.  That is one example
of how
> the ac3d loader really is screwing up the shading.  My guess is the
> optimization is to blame.  Checking it out in wire frame mode (in
flightgear)
> might reveal something.  It would be awful nice to do away with that
step.

Oops - I thought I'd got 'em all;)  I'll have a look at it.  The model
loader/renderer does do some funny things at times - I've been re-working
the TSR-2 and hit a problem on the front canopy inner lining where a
couple of sections seemed to be clipped out of it in fgfs.  I remember
you showing me some screen shots of a similar problem you had with the
tip of the p-51d control-stick.  Anyway, I could see that the missing
sections were the diagonal halves of the original rectangle so I thought
I'd manually triagulate the effected polys but switch the orientation of
the diagonal.

It made no difference at all, which was strange - the new triangles
couldn't be re-triangulated to produce the missing sections and it wasn't
a case of particular triangles being missed because the new triangles ran
across the missing area:/

Then I went back to the original rectangular polys and tried sub-dividing
them.  This actually changed the shape of the missing sections but didn't
fix it:\

Fortunately, re-sizing it a little did:)

Lot of messing about though.

LeeE