Lee Elliott writes

...but I have a reasonable founding in it (from about eight years old).
Each individual instrument will try to draw it's own current.  Assigning
ratings to the instruments makes a lot of snese to me, as would the
supply capacity of the generator system and batteries.

LeeE

Why ?.To both this and the W&B.
As Dave says the empty weight is part of the certification.And I would think it would be more
important to worry about fuel ,baggage,passengers and the like than the weight of the ASI.
Why you would need to know the current draw of each instrument escape's me.Surely this could
be better handled on the power supply side.EG. A fully charged battery will operate the the
essential instruments for a given time.If you loose a generator then you loose what ever it was
feeding.If it was feeding a buss system then you may not loose anything except the power to
the coffee maker.
What exactly will this information be used to do???.

Cheers
Innis
The Mad Aussi