Paul Surgeon wrote:
The starter motor(s) and APU should also be included in the electrical system.

In real life the battery can't keep turning that engine over indefinately.
In the light aircraft it might not be such an issue but when you get to the commercial jets you have to be very careful about your startup procedures otherwise you can get yourself into a situation where you have to call for some help from an external power source.

Also on most multi engine aircraft you can't start all the engines at once because the battery(s) won't handle the current draw.

Which raises another issue.

To get it one more step more realistic I think it is important to know bot nominal and maximum draw and we should define whether a consumer device is either capacitive or inductive. This is often quite easy to guess (a CRT or everything using motors is inductive) and adds the possibility of popping circuit breakers when too many inductive devices are turned on at once.

Not to mention we get more accurate current flows (actually battery lifetime) simulated.

Erik