"Curtis L. Olson" writes

Innis Cunningham writes:
> Why ?.To both this and the W&B.
> As Dave says the empty weight is part of the certification.And I would think
> it would be more
> important to worry about fuel ,baggage,passengers and the like than the
> weight of the ASI.
> Why you would need to know the current draw of each instrument escape's
> me.Surely this could
> be better handled on the power supply side.EG. A fully charged battery will
> operate the the
> essential instruments for a given time.If you loose a generator then you
> loose what ever it was
> feeding.If it was feeding a buss system then you may not loose anything
> except the power to
> the coffee maker.
> What exactly will this information be used to do???.

To make the panel's ammeter behave realistically.

Seeing how the ampere draw and the voltage would under normal
conditions hardly move (except maybe at start). The information could be programmed into
the electrical supply system.I assume we are dealing with light A/C
here as I doubt anyone flying a 737 would see an amp metre in their
life time.If we are talking about failures then would they not be better
handled by a random event generator.After all I guess you are going to
have a random event generator tell you the instrument is drawing excess
current and then pop the C/B.Why not just tell the elecrical system to pop
the circuit breaker.

To be able to have circuit breakers pop automatically (lower priority).

Once again random event generator

To be able to have things start on fire when they are really overloaded (really low
priority.)

And again random event generator.

Curt.

Cheers