As someone who uses Boost for some projects at work, there are two things
to consider regarding this.  One is that I believe all new libraries must
be under the Boost license to be accepted (don't quote me on that) and
those qualifiers were put in because before the creation of the Boost
Software License individual libraries were under whatever license the
author chose.  The second thing to consider is that can pull in individual
libraries as dependencies (i.e, only the Random, Hash and GIL libraries)
rather than requiring _all_ of boost.  Then libraries could be reviewed on
an individual basis as acceptable dependencies.

Jonathan

On Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:02:02 +0100, Thomas Förster
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Am Montag 03 November 2008 schrieb gerard robin:
>> > ..[boost libs introduction]...
>>
>> Are we talking about it ?
>> http://www.boost.org/users/license.html
>>
>> Which is not said being GPL
>
> Not knowing any details, from the website it sounds like things are more
> complicated:
>
> "Introduction
>
> The Boost Software License specifies the terms and conditions of use FOR
> THOSE
> Boost libraries THAT IT COVERS."
>
> (capitalization by me)
>
> Seems not all libs are under a maybe non GPL license and even worse, not
> all
> libs are under the same license, making this a case by case decision. Has

> anyone further investigated into this?
>

> Thomas

> challenge
> prizes