Erik Hofman wrote:

> I believe (with a big questionmark) that boost works fine with MIPSpro
> nowadays, but I wouldn't argue against it if it didn't.

Well, for approx. two years now (rough guess) FlightGear reportedly -
from different places - requires some GCC-isms to compile on Unix-
Systems anyway. So it's not a question about wether the _dependencies_
are "portable" (TM) - OSG for example compiles and works nicely on
Solaris, even on IRIX using their 'native' compilers and I've also been
successful in compiling 'boost' on Solaris.
Instead, some places in FlightGear itself (at least Nasal and JSBSim,
as far as I remember) are the factors that limit portability.

I'm getting asked regularly about the state of support for FlightGear
on OpenSolaris. So, if there's someone looking for a headache, this
might be a good place to start  ;-))

Best regards,
        Martin.