Hi,

First response on this topic from my side.
> I don't think the MP servers have to change their philosophy. I don't think >
> both networks should be merged: it would be better to have the possibility >
> to choose.

As Rob noticed FlightGear has to deal with a lot of "kids" (I prefer to cale
them
clowns). As FlightGear is free and simple to use (and install) there's a very
low
border to join the multiplayer network. Lots of people enjoy and use that.
Buying
MSFS (for over 50$)  is something people won't do if they just want to play
around,
stunt a little and see if they can hit other players. You probably only had to
deal
with serious people. Connecting to FlightGear you'll get a whole new group of
users
on your networks. Having some sort of registration (and maybey even a exame to
proof
you can and do fly as realistic as you can) would help.

Another big issue I was thinking about is how we would deal with our
differences in
terrain data? Maybey we should keep the technicall problems for a later stage,
but
having planes taxi meters above (or below) you just doesn't look good...

Joining IVAO is a great oppurtinity for FlightGear. But I agree with most
"senior"
developers that we should think out everything very well before we do something.
It's easier to call something off than to revert it.

Regards,
Gijs