On 02/01/2010 10:52 AM, Durk Talsma wrote:

> Here's just a quick update regarding the 2.0.0 release. The final release is
> really close now. We had planned to have a third release candidate by now,
> which we would promote to the final release within a few days from now,
> provided that no further showstopping bugs show up. We're currently having a
> few minor technical glitches to deal with, which has been delaying the roll
> up
> of this final release candidate. We're pretty close now, and I expect that
> the
> final glitches will be solved real soon now.

I'm still seeing quite a lot of glitches.

Since 2008, before the previous release, I have been
keeping a list of bugs at:
  http://www.av8n.com/fly/fgfs/htm/bug-list.htm

I have been updating the list as best I can when
I see that bugs have been fixed.

There are still dozens and dozens of open bugs
there, many of which have been known for years.
It might be nice to fix them, rather than putting
them off for another year.  In many cases, code
to fix the problem has been available for months
or years.

The "rc4" from a couple of days ago has a glitch
that I haven't seen before:

FRAGMENT glCompileShader "" FAILED
FRAGMENT Shader "" infolog:
Fragment shader failed to compile with the following errors:
ERROR: 0:28: error(#162) Wrong operand types no operation '*' exists that takes
a left-hand operand of type 'default varying 4-component vector of float' and a
right operand of type '3-component vector of float' (or there is no acceptable
conversion)
ERROR: 0:27: error(#160) Cannot convert from '4-component vector of float' to
'3-component vector of float'
ERROR: error(#273) 2 compilation errors.  No code generated

glLinkProgram "" FAILED
Program "" infolog:
Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was
called.  Link failed.

glLinkProgram "" FAILED
Program "" infolog:
Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was
called.  Link failed.

glLinkProgram "" FAILED
Program "" infolog:
Fragment shader(s) were not successfully compiled before glLinkProgram() was
called.  Link failed.

where the last three lines repeat many many times (and then
stop).

So far this has been 100% reproducible chez moi.