On 2/4/10 6:16 PM, Geoff McLane wrote:
> Hi Jari,
>
> HOW?

I have nothing against your patch, actually I have thrown away the check
for glut.h completely in my local configure.ac. The check for glut.h is
not needed. On my machine (Mac OS X 10.6) the

AC_CHECK_HEADERS([svn_client.h glut.h])

always fail and in consequence the failure will trigger command line use
in terrasync as stated in configure.ac after the AC_CHECK_HEADERS

if test "x$ac_cv_header_svn_client_h" != "xyes"; then
   echo "TerraSync will shell out for command line subversion"
   svn_LIBS=""
   svn_CPPFLAGS=""
else

While I am writing this I realize that one of course need development
libs for svn to pass the AC_CHECK_HEADERS so I suppose my statement was
not perfectly accurate. I have the devlibs for svn installed and I
actually go further in my local change of configure.ac and look for
several svn libs:

  else
    echo "TerraSync will use integrated subversion library"
    AC_SEARCH_LIBS(svn_client_checkout, svn_client-1)
+  AC_SEARCH_LIBS(svn_delta_version, svn_delta-1)
+  AC_SEARCH_LIBS(svn_diff_version, svn_diff-1)
+  AC_SEARCH_LIBS(svn_ra_initialize, svn_ra-1)
+  AC_SEARCH_LIBS(svn_pool_create_ex, svn_subr-1)
+  AC_SEARCH_LIBS(svn_wc_version, svn_wc-1)
    svn_LIBS=$LIBS
    svn_CPPFLAGS=$CPPFLAGS
    AC_SUBST(svn_LIBS)

and build a terrasync with builtin subversion calls. This is not really
a good thing since terrasync with builtin subversion calls behaves badly
when terrasync is interrupted during subversion calls. An issue
acknowledge by Alex Perry in
http://www.mail-archive.com/flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/msg25662.html

Again, the patch is valid I just wanted to highlight the fact that it
may lead to unwanted changes in the build process.

Cheers,

Jari