Heiko Schulz wrote:

> For KSFO it would maybe help to change the power pylons. Currently it
> is one sized .ac-model but which is changed in size per
> scale-animation in .xml.
> As we already know every used .xml will slow down, so a big amount of
> .xml in a scenery can be "deadly" (like Paris-scenery)

I understand your conclusion. Nevertheless from a policy point of view,
as long as these 'gadgets' like animations (or scripting, whatever) are
available for use, it'll be hard to educate modellers not to use them.

If efficient handling of the features as offered in this "API" is
impossible, then I'd say the appropriate measure would be to reduce the
scope of the API and to communicate this change accordingly.

Cheers,
        Martin.