----- "leee" a écrit :

> On Sunday 28 Feb 2010, Frederic Bouvier wrote:
> > What do you think of this effect :
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUyH-4c0-qM
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYb1Vy-uTS0
> >
> > and a screenshot :
> > http://frbouvi.free.fr/flightsim/fgfs-shader-test.jpg
> >
> > Regards,
> > -Fred
>
> Overlaying a geometry shader on the FG scenery is pretty cool: is
> there the scope to tune it to the terrain gradient i.e. adapt the
> shader according to the steepness of the terrain slope?

This is not a geometry shader, but a relief mapping effect.
I am not fully happy with the result yet, but the relief map (normals +
heightfield in a RGBA texture) was quickly made.
City from low altitude : http://frbouvi.free.fr/flightsim/fgfs-city-relief.jpg
I'll bet a better artist than me could do a better job.
You can test it if you install the normal map plugin for the GIMP
(http://registry.gimp.org/node/69)

-Fred

--
Frédéric Bouvier