Lauri wrote

> Hi,
>
> I made this patch some time ago, and seems like it is working quite
> fine, so I though if it might be possible to add to git (if nothing
> more, then maybe for future reference)?
>
> It does two things. First I modified the skydome code to be more
> configurable so that the precision could be increased (number of rings
> and bands). Then I implemented the O'Neil's scattering shader to
> showcase the scattering. I know that for the proper effect, terrain and
> other objects should use the same shader, but that is probably future
> work.
>
> Anyways, here are links to patches and effects. The flightgear patch
> only makes clearcolor black, so that space is dark instead of gray.
>
> http://users.tkk.fi/~lapelto2/fgfs/scatter/scatter-simgear.patch
> http://users.tkk.fi/~lapelto2/fgfs/scatter/scatter-flightgear.patch
>
> http://users.tkk.fi/~lapelto2/fgfs/scatter/skydome.eff
> http://users.tkk.fi/~lapelto2/fgfs/scatter/skydome.frag
> http://users.tkk.fi/~lapelto2/fgfs/scatter/skydome.vert
>
> Screenshots can be found from the forum thread:
> http://www.flightgear.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11274&p=117965#p1179
> 65
>
> And the command line to run the shader, it needs some properties set:
> fgfs --prop:/sim/rendering/mie=0.003
> --prop:/sim/rendering/rayleigh=0.0003
> --prop:/sim/rendering/dome-density=0.5
> --prop:/sim/rendering/scattering-shader=1

Nice work. I'm not entirely sure about the colours, but that might be a
local issue:

ftp://abbeytheatre2.org.uk:2121/flightgear/Tempest/Tempest-skydome-shader.pn

> The non-shader version should look just like it used to, but on some
> occasions I think the sunset effect is a bit misplaced. I didn't touch
> that code, so was it always like that? Can someone verify?

This bug?

http://code.google.com/p/flightgear-bugs/issues/detail?id=182&can=1&start=10
0

It's meant to have been fixed.

I can push the shader and effects file into git - but someone else will have
to pick up the flightgear and simgear patches

Vivian