Hi.

Nice to see my shader brought up some discussion :)

First, Vivian, I tried to see your screenshots, but the link wasn't
working (server down or something?) so I cannot comment them right
now. And I didn't mean the bug with sun reflection on the water being
misplaced from the real shader, but sometimes it seems like the sunset
effect on the (non shader) skydome is someting like 90 degrees to the
left. I'm not sure if it always was like that or did I change
something or am I just seeing things. It looks like the brightest spot
of the horizon is not where the sun is, but to the left. If someone
can confirm (with old version & my version if possible), would be much
appreciated.

Second, Erik, I tried not to change the old behaviour but I needed to
move some code around to get better precision in the skydom model. I
hope everything works like it did with the non shader version, I
didn't quite understand all the equations but the code should not
change those.

Only behaviour that I did change is the clear color in FG from fog
color to black. I don't see anything changing near the ground, but the
effect near space is better :)

Other topics, mie and rayleigh coefficients are exposed, but maybe I
shuold expose the wavelength dependency too, because that is what
affects the sky color the most. The idea is that some code in FG/SG
would write the proper coefficients depending on weather conditions to
make different looking skies.

I also uploaded the python code I used for evaluating the shader and
calculating the scale coefficients etc. It is here:
http://users.tkk.fi/~lapelto2/fgfs/scatter/scatter.py  I can also
write a wiki article on the subject should it be necessary.

In the future, I'd like to see this shader as a post processing effect
applied over all rendered objects so we would get a consistent look
and feel everywhere. And also, I didn't think about getting this to
the next release, it's too late for that. But maybe to the one after
that, so we have time to test things first.

Wbr, Zan
--
Lauri Peltonen