> On Wed, 2011-04-13 at 19:37 +0200, Durk Talsma wrote:
>
> > Admittedly, I only looked at the corresponding forum topic very
> briefly, but the screenshots certainly looked promising. I'd be happy
> to commit the corresponding simgear and flightgear patches.
> >
> > I did see some comments from Fred in the forum thread and I can't
> > tell for sure whether these have been addressed or not. Therefore, I'd
> > like to give others a few days to comment. If I don't hear any
> > objections by the weekend (and if I don't see any negative side
> > effects myself). I'm might go ahead and commit these patches by
> > Saturday. So, just drop a note here if there are problems I should be
> > aware of.

I think Lauri already mentioned he left these issue for the future/other
developers. I am afraid that if it is not sufficiently documented and
understood by others, it will remain as it is a long time.

> It's not production ready yet, and it even removes some of the features
> form the old code. I don't seem to see any difference with different
> humidity levels for example.

I guess one would have to play with the Mie and Rayleigh factor to
achieve that. A debug window with 2 sliders would be handy to experiment.

It also would be nice if Lauri could publish how he computed the
factor used in the outscatterscale function.

Regards,
-Fred

PS: what about the 2.2 release first ? I see plans for lots of code.

--
Frédéric Bouvier
http://www.youtube.com/user/fgfred64       Videos