Hal wrote

-----Original Message-----
From: Hal V. Engel [mailto:hven...@gmail.com]
Sent: 30 May 2011 23:45
To: flightgear-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Flightgear-devel] Rating System Redux (was Re:Flightgear-devel
Digest, Vol 61, Issue 12)

< ... snip ... >

The 3D modeling stuff is not my strong suit but I do have new more accurate
3D models for the fuselage and wing (including flaps and aileraons) for the
P-51D that I created a while back. I have also more accurately modeled the
cooling inlet passages and the oil and coolant radiators so that these will
look correct (once textured) when looking into the cooling inlet. I need to
uvmap all of this stuff now and this is where I get stuck as I can't figure
out how to do this so that the resulting uvmaps can be used to create livery
support. Having a nice user friendly uvmap for the fugelage and wings is
more or less nessary to move ahead with libery support I think.

For Systems adding emergency gear release support, oxygen system support,
full cooling system support, VHF radio support, rear warning radar support,
IFF support and some missing electrical system stuff would increase this to
a 5. The 3D models for the controls for all of these systems are already in
the cockpit.

One comment about systems. For the P-51 series there are two cooling doors
that are used to control cooling airflow. One for the engine coolant and one
for the oil cooler. JSBSim has support for the coolant door controls but not
for the oil cooler door controls. I have the automatic coolant door stuff
modeled but not the automatic oil cooler stuff because of this. I also need
to add manual overides for these at some point (the controls are in the
cockpit but currently only allow for automatic control). What I am getting
at is that some systems can not be fully modeled because of limitations in
the FDM being used and aircraft authors should rate these as complete
systems if they have modeled everything that is possible with the existing
FDM support.

I expect you have already seen this -

ftp://abbeytheatre2.org.uk:2121/flightgear/SCR-522/SCR-522.pdf

Right now I'm busy converting the SCR-522 into its progenitor, the TR1133.
Not that it's hard - externally they are exactly the same bits of kit. I
have found a number of duplicate vertices/bad surfaces however. Based on the
Manual there are some small errors in the interpretion the function of the
T/R/REM, and some of the dimensions. Key. I'll push the TR1133 into git
soon, but as a new item: I will not overwrite any of the SCR-522 stuff.

Vivian