On Monday, June 13, 2011 05:16:59 AM Gijs de Rooy wrote:
> Hi all,
snip
> I think the alpha-range is rather big, compared to the others. There is an
> awfull lot of difference between a total=0 aircraft and a total=8 (eg.
> Model=3, FDM=3, Cockpit=0, Systems=2). I don't care if my vehicles end up
> low in the completness-rating (I consider my best aircraft early
> production) but I do feel "offset" to see my aircraft end up next to an
> empty hull. Adding in a 0-4 rating would be nice IMO; we can call that
> "pre alpha".
>
> Just some Monday afternoon ideas :)
>
> Cheers,
> Gijs

I am not sure that I am bothered by this since for the most part users will
not be interested in alpha models.  But you are right the alpha staus implies
that the model is in a state where it could be tested by users and there are
models in GIT that are not that far along.  The other possibility is that we
discourage including a status rating until such time that the model is user
testable.

This also makes it possible, with some work to the download page, to exclude
models with no status from appearing on the download page.  This way aircraft
devs would be able to control when their model appears on the download page.

Hal