> De: "Erik Hofman" <e...@ehofman.com>
>
> On Thu, 2012-04-12 at 10:35 +0200, Erik Hofman wrote:

> > > Also I see that --prop:/sim/rendering/no-16bit-buffer=true falls
> > > back to
> > > 8-but normal buffers. That might be just a bit to low for normal
> > > buffers.
> >
> > And it looks that way, Replacing GL_RGBA8 with GL_RGBA16 removes
> > the flickering and still got me a working system.
>
> even GL_RGB16 works.

For all the buffers or only the normal buffer ?

You're not supposed to have multiple render target of different element
size. RGBA8 = 32bits, as well as RG16. What is your card brand and model ?

I came across a blog post that compares multiple ways to compress the
normals in an 8bit texture and I will try that shortly.

Regards,
-Fred