> Hi Clément,

> I'm not convinced adding a string is relevant, in real life you haven't a
> message you tell you if you are correctly connected to X frequency. The
> only way to check is to look at your radio, in FG it's the same.
seams we have different experience in fgcom. And there will be no indication of
the intersection problem? pls be so kind and approach a intersecting frequency
from the the intersecting side.

----[intersecting frequency]----course----[target frequency]----->

and try to communicate with the target frequency.

I agree that in real life there are no problems.

But in reality we are sitting in flightgear and want to improve the fgcom tool.
Which has some borders:
 - selecting a chatroom by frequencies
 - from the source(apt.dat) of the frequency position

The question is how to deal with that to improve the simulation grade of
flighgear.

I don't discus the update process of the apt.dat here, but how log it will
take to update the frequency intersection errors ?

I don't understand the purpose to communicate with a ground frequency over a
distance of 100nm.

> I see we share the same worries about the bandwidth, I agree we need to have
> a solution for sharing FGCom bandwidth. It seems IAX trunk is the solution
> but I don't know how to setup this for now.

connection(trunking) 2 servers will not save any bandwidth it raise the total
use.

client1 ---<>--- server1 ===<>=== server2 ---<>--- client2

Let the client dial the server direct. The sum of traffic is not raised and
split to several server.

client2---<>---server2---<>--- client2

Then anyone can setup an fgcom server and handle as much frequencies he can.
Also Your server at home could participate in the production operation.

dialbook.select(position, frequency, &host, &phonenumber){
}
fgcom.dial(user,password,host,phonenumber){
        if( lastHost != host ){
                iaxc_register(user, password, host);
        }
        iaxc_call(phonenumber);