On Thursday, August 15, 2013 22:52:34 Clement de l'Hamaide wrote:

> - As main problem I see in the ranges of frequencies:
> In the new integrated FGCom ranges is dynamically calculated depending of
> the altitude of the pilot/ATC in accordance to this formula :
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocommunication_a%C3%A9ronautique#Port.C3.
> A9e_et_propagation (sorry only french page has the formula)
>

> Regards,
> Clément

Hi guys, Clement,

If you'd use my new radio propagation code, which is an improvement over
what's already in git, range would be as close to reality as possible for all
type of radio comms, be they VHF voice, VOLMET, ACARS, ADS-B, VOR/DME, radar,
etc. My code takes into account not only terrain obstruction, altitude,
distance, but also frequency and standard equipment capabilities.

Now, IMHO, for the future it would be desirable to integrate voice comms into
Flightgear itself, without the need to use Asterisk or other external tools.
Some other simulators have this as default, minus the realistic propagation of
course.

Cheers,
Adrian