Am Donnerstag, 15. August 2013, 21:52:34 schrieb Clement de l'Hamaide:
Hi Clément,

> - bandwith:
> Indeed IAXClient has a function called void iaxc_set_silence_threshold(float
> thr); unfortunately, looking at source code this function does exactly the
> same as we are doing in FGCom source code : set input_volume to 0. So
> silent still sent over network.

have a look at
http://sourceforge.net/p/iaxclient/code/1466/tree/branches/2.1/lib/audio_encode.c#l272
line 272
audio_send_encoded_audio if silent stops encoding and return immediately. I
think its controlled by the threshold and some filters ??

> - share bandwith with other servers:
> Your solution seems to be not the better choice, what happens if someone fly
> during a long distance which require to disconnect from the current server
> then reconnect to the new one ? I think a better solution would be to
> investigate into IAX trunk, but it looks like we need to replace meet_me by
> confbridge... It require some skills that I haven't for now, if you want to
> investigate into this you are welcome ;)
thx atm im out of time may bee winter.

When im flying and dailing an new frequency  i have 1-2 sec until i would
recognise that the channel is not tuned. That's time enough to connect to a
server and dial a number.
Sending traffic from on server to another would raise bandwidth 3x.
confbridge - nice for Air2Air to connect the aircraft bubble ;-)

> - As main problem I see in the ranges of frequencies:
> In the new integrated FGCom ranges is dynamically calculated depending of
> the altitude of the pilot/ATC in accordance to this formula :
> http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiocommunication_a%C3%A9ronautique#Port.C3.A
> 9e_et_propagation (sorry only french page has the formula)

mmh increasing the range for each station, increases the intersection problem.
How can i select the right airport frequency ?

EDDP    119.700 51.421592       12.234473       LEIPZIG APP     Leipzig-Halle
EDDC    119.700 51.12672                13.769712       TWR     Dresden
EDDE    119.700 50.975862       10.962116       GND     Erfurt
EDAH    119.700 53.878399       14.140107       TWR     Heringsdorf

EDDP    124.170 51.421592       12.234473       LEIPZIG APP     Leipzig-Halle
EDBM    124.170 52.077322       11.625983       BERLIN RADAR    Magdeburg

Dirk