Eric Pement wrote:
So I no longer get the error message. However, the content
of the <fo:blocks> is now empty, and whatever is in the <Title>
tags is being ignored and not printed in the output document.

All Xalan did was to confirm that nothing is printed in the output. Problem is, it didn't tell me exactly why the content
is being skipped. I guess I have more to discover.

 <xsl:template match="[EMAIL PROTECTED]'title_1']">
   <fo:block
     font-size="24pt" line-height="28pt" text-align="start"
     font-family="Helvetica" font-weight="bold" color="blue"
     space-after.optimum="12pt">
     <xsl:value-of select="Title" />
                              ^^^^^^
This will only result in a value if you have a Title element
in the matched Title element.

However, I guess the above template didn't match at all. There
is no way to tell why whithout knowing the match pattern for the
template which produces the fo:flow and the relevat part of the
source XML.

J.Pietschmann