Hi,

On Tue, Feb 2, 2016 at 6:56 PM, Jerome E. Shidel Jr. <jer...@shidel.net> wrote:

>> On Feb 2, 2016, at 7:39 PM, Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:
>>
>>> I just don't think most people downloading FreeDOS really need FPC or
>>> FBC or DJGPP (even if I do like them). I think they can just grab them
>>> separately.
>>
>> Not sure which coolness factor FreePascal has, but Pascal
>> certainly was a classic programming language of DOS users.
>
> I agree with Pascal being a classic and very traditional language and
> even if it is not installed I would like to see it ship on the install
> media.
>
> But, if Jim wants the USB and ISO to be as slim as possible (no extras) and
> it doesn’t become part of ALL, I will sadly pull it without complaint. :-(

How sad can you be? They can still easily find it online. Let's be
honest, I'm not complaining that hard. It's not THAT important either
way.

I just dislike including 150 MB of developer stuff when I heavily
suspect that 99% of users will never need it. (And I prefer FPC more
than most, but it's just not crucial enough here.)