On Wed, Jun 16, 2021 at 6:03 PM Eric Auer <e.a...@jpberlin.de> wrote:

> > Not saying we don't include it, just that the palette
> > is off in VirtualBox.
>
> You do not solve bugs in VirtualBox by telling users
> that they may only play the three games where you do
> not notice that VirtualBox is broken. Just make sure
> that people configure their VirtualBox properly or,
> if it really has a bug, that bug gets fixed.

???

I wasn't saying to get rid of the game because of a silly graphics
issue on VirtualBox. I already said that I was identifying a graphics
issue when I run it under VirtualBox. I'm sure it's a config issue on
my end. If there's a VirtualBox user here who can suggest something I
can try to get the graphics to look right, that would be great.

And if we know what VirtualBox config works well, we might recommend
that to people who try FreeDOS - such as on the Wiki where it has
instructions for how to install FreeDOS in VirtualBox.
(http://wiki.freedos.org/wiki/index.php/VirtualBox)

> > It's just the graphics look weird in VirtualBox.
>
> Maybe people should not use VirtualBox for DOS games.

Well, that's not realistic to all the people out there running
VirtualBox to boot FreeDOS. :-)

> > would really love to know why the graphics are
> > weird in VirtualBox. I know a lot of FreeDOS users
> > are using VirtualBox.
>
> Why, actually?

Probably because it's free and has a graphical interface and runs on
popular operating systems. For example, their downloads page
(https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads) has binaries for Windows,
Mac, and several Linux distros. I think most people in 2021 who use
Windows or MacOS probably prefer using a graphical interface (menus
and such) to use programs, including programs like VirtualBox.