With mpxplay now working, I am continuing with the quest to get a CD
player working.

I temporarily installed a Win 98 hard drive on this machine and got the
sound card working in Windows.  I also established how to connect the
standard 4-pin audio CD connector on the CD-ROM drive with the
non-standard 3-pin connector on the sound card, and CD Player then
worked in Windows.

But when I returned to FreeDOS with this now-known-good cable
connection, my two CD players still failed just as before.

I'd like to test with different CD players than CD-V and ACP. Suggestions?