Hi,

On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 8:16 PM, John Hupp <free...@prpcompany.com> wrote:

> With mpxplay now working, I am continuing with the quest to get a CD
> player working.
>
> I temporarily installed a Win 98 hard drive on this machine and got the
> sound card working in Windows.  I also established how to connect the
> standard 4-pin audio CD connector on the CD-ROM drive with the
> non-standard 3-pin connector on the sound card, and CD Player then
> worked in Windows.
>
> But when I returned to FreeDOS with this now-known-good cable
> connection, my two CD players still failed just as before.
>
> I'd like to test with different CD players than CD-V and ACP. Suggestions?

I haven't used a lot of CDs on my computers in recent years. So I'm
somewhat out of touch.

The two that immediately come to mind are these:

1). http://ericauer.cosmodata.virtuaserver.com.br/soft/cdrom2ui.zip

That one's cmdline only, extremely minimal.

2). http://www.6502.org/users/sjgray/software/sjgplay/sjgplay_dos.html

That's an old favorite (not that I ever did karaoke, but it's a cool feature).