hello folks

we are using freeradius since 0.8.x and since 0.9.x we start to use the rml_sql
(mysql)
module to store the accounting, now we also use the mysql db to store the user
so the
auth and autz also use the rml_sql module

we had problems since the begining with that module, micelaneus problems, but
when we
switch to version 1.0.0 everything start to work better, good improving and
nice work

so, what is the problems that we are having ?, well we are trying to identify
it, is not
easy because it only had been happen 4 times since september (when we start
using 1.0.1)
very random, yesterday night was the last time.

the radius server just stop responding and die, without any anormal log, the
process end,
if you start it it start and logs as usual but our users can't connect, it
doesn't
matter how may time you try to restart the services, it never give services,
but if you
start it in debug mode ( -X ) --to see if anything goes wrong-- and then
restart it as
usual (without debug because you didn't see anything anormal in debug mode)
everything
start to function as it supose and our users start to connect.

my guest is that it is something related with the rml_sql but it is just a
guest.

the radius server is a littel busy, we have 3 Cisco AS ( 2 AS5400 a 1 AS5300)
that make
720 lines from which between 500 and 600 are use it all the time

as i say before, yesterday night our two server die aroung the same time, very
extrange

the enviroment is:
OS: WhiteBox3 (RHEL3 clone) with all the updates
freeradius rebuilded from the last SRPM provided by RH (1.0.1-1) (we need
experimental
modules: sqlcounter)

does anybody had this experience ?

thanks very much
roger
PD: i'm apologies because of my bad english

Nodo central de la red Infomed                 (http://www.sld.cu)
Usuario linux: 97152                           (http://counter.li.org)
Miembro del grupo de coordinacion de LinuxCuba (http://www.linux.cu)

"Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important
 that you do it."
                       Gandhi