Michael Griego <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I think I see what your problem is...
>
> You need to reenable the ntdomain realm module that is preconfigured in
> the server and be sure its called before your etc_smbpasswd module in
> your authorize section.  You seem to have removed it, and, because of
> that, it can't find the correct username in your smbpasswd file.

Nope.  I removed nothing.  I neither disabled not de-configured
anything.

I'm guessing that maybe what was "missing" was this bit?

authorize {
        #
        #  If you are using multiple kinds of realms, you probably
        #  want to set "ignore_null = yes" for all of them.
        #  Otherwise, when the first style of realm doesn't match,
        #  the other styles won't be checked.
        #
        suffix
#       ntdomain
        #
        #  If you are using /etc/smbpasswd, and are also doing
        #  mschap authentication, the un-comment this line, and
        #  configure the 'etc_smbpasswd' module, above.
        etc_smbpasswd

I un-commented "ntdomain".  No change.  The -X output can be seen at:

http://jimsun.linxnet.com/misc/radiusd.out-login_creds_w_hack+ntdomain_realm.txt

I even tried "ignore_null = yes" in the "realm ntdomain" config.  No
difference, either.

(And yes: I'm saving the config file(s) and starting radiusd anew for
each test :).)

Jim
filtering.  If you reply to this email and your email is
web form at <http://jimsun.linxnet.com/scform.php>.