btw, you can have mri_vol2vol convert directly to analyze by using a .img extension. But why use analyze?

joel bruss wrote:

Nick-

Doug wrote:

Try this:

mri_vol2vol --mov aseg.mgz --targ rawavg.mgz --o aseg-in-native.mgz
--regheader --interp nearest

doug

Sure enough, this worked.  What I mean by "norm" is the file
/mri/norm.mgz which gets created in the CA Normalize section of
recon-all.  Mike was kind enough to point out that this is the same as
orig.mgz but, this was not what I was going after.  What I meant by
"native" was the T1 volume I input into freesurfer (before conversion
from Analzye to mgz via mri_convert).  After running Doug's command,
and converting back to Analyze format, I now have a working copy of
"aseg" (sub-cortical) that can be overlaid onto my, original, native
space T1 MRI.

Thanks everyone for your help.

-Joel