Aubin Paul wrote:
If you want to do it, no one will stop you :) I'm currently having a

Ok, but I'm not going to bother looking into it until I get this runtime stuff, and the audio bug sorted out. ;) I have made the move from woody to debian unstable in attempt to clear up the problem because I think it may be releated to something in the runtime or one of my supporting libraries.

So, I have a couple questions for you, in no particular order. :)

What debian packages do you use, and what do you compile yourself?

Do you use debian's libdirectfb?

Right now I am building my own libSDL, I imagine you are too.

Do you have this audio problem? How much music do you listen to through Freevo? I thought you said you don't see this bug so that is what makes me think it has something to do with the runtime, and a reason for me to move to sid.

horrible time trying to get the new PC working. This is off-topic, but
I bought a Athlon 2000+ and a A7N266-VM motherboard... all nice stuff,
and it's running, well, crawling, slow in Linux right now. I can't for
the life of my figure it out.

Seriously, it went to 100% CPU when I typed 'ps aux' which is not
exactly CPU demanding.

How's your new machine going now? Are you missing kernel support for something on your board? Bad hardware?

-Rob