On Sun, Jun 15, 2003 at 09:06:56PM -0300, Rob Shortt wrote:
> What debian packages do you use, and what do you compile yourself?

I've rebuild SDL and corresponding libraries, as well as mplayer,
pygame, pylirc; though I've got packages for all of them.

> Do you use debian's libdirectfb?

I don't use it at all; it's not worth the trouble for me.

> Right now I am building my own libSDL, I imagine you are too.

Yeah, I build a Debian package from SDL CVS once in awhile.

> Do you have this audio problem?  How much music do you listen to through
> Freevo?  I thought you said you don't see this bug so that is what makes
> me think it has something to do with the runtime, and a reason for me to
> move to sid.

90% of what I use Freevo for is music. :)

> >horrible time trying to get the new PC working. This is off-topic, but
> >I bought a Athlon 2000+ and a A7N266-VM motherboard... all nice stuff,
> >and it's running, well, crawling, slow in Linux right now. I can't for
> >the life of my figure it out.
> >
> >Seriously, it went to 100% CPU when I typed 'ps aux' which is not
> >exactly CPU demanding.
>
> How's your new machine going now?  Are you missing kernel support for
> something on your board?  Bad hardware?

Well, I think I have it, though I'm not a hardware expert. Is it
possible for me to have these kind of horrible problems with a power
supply that is too weak?

I've got an Athlon XP 2000 and the PSU is only 230W... the guys at the
store said it would be fine, but I'm seeing things making me believe
300W is the bare minimum.

This is frustrating, because I now have NO computer until I figure it
out. And I can't find a mATX 300/400W PSU anywhere. I might have to
buy a new case too. F*U*N.

Aubin