--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] escreveu:
> >> ) for a demonstration of their video codec VC9 (they try
> "normalize"
> >> it via the SMPTE forum).
> > That sucks!
> In fact, they have frozen the VC9 spec. Technically speeking, VC9 is
> not
> so bad, it's quite similar to MPEG4/2 (DivX/XVID/FMMPEG/Envivio/...);
> but
> they try to convince people that VC9 is better than H264... And it's
> more
> difficult...

Yeah... but I still like to keep with "defacto" standards until Theora
becomes mainstream... Just a philosophy thing.

> >>  - automatic picture slideshows : when you enter a folder with
> >> images, a slideshow begins automatically
> > IMHO, it's annoying.
> > Having a playlist, maybe a random one, is ok, but auto-start sucks.
> In my mind, 'automatic' is a parameter (either in a config file or a
> menu), like duration,

Sure... And with new Directory settings, this is really a snap.

> >>  - internal small zoom inside a picture : in order to add some
> >> 'movements'
> >> to photos, the photos are slowly zoomed (in a factor 1.2/1.5).
> > I didn't understand what you mean here.
> See the mail from Aubin....

I saw... now I understand.

> >>  - When playing SVCD/DVD/AVI/..., if the 'Mute' button is pressed,
> >> then the subtitles are displayed (and the sound goes off, of
> course)
> > Cool feature. but we depend on Mplayer here.
> > And, not every file have subtitles in it.
> Again, in my min, you should add 'if subtitles present'...

Sure! I'm not that dumb... yet! ;p

> >>  - When going back to the main menu, the current display is shown
> in
> >> a very small window closed to the main menu. So you can switch
> back
> >> the video/audio/picture/TV nicely (like the audio.detach plugin,
> but
> >> for all the items : video, picture, TV, games).
> > Again, maybe it's annoying.
> > TV and music I see some usage... but I don't see someone using this
> > game, video or picture.
> There is no usage. It's only a "marketing' fearure. Only demo power
> :)

Yeah, but someone will have to work (HARD) on that... and this person
could be hacking elsewhere.

> > However we could have some bookmark feature and one key to go to
> main
> > menu. So when you enter the previous section, ie: Music, it present
> you
> > as the first item "Return to last position" (or a better name), so
> you
> > can go back to some dir you were before.
> Good idea i think.

Sure.

> > we need some python library... maybe PIL does that.
> Don't know.
>
> > We need better ideas ;)
> For my point of view, picture viewing in Freevo needs to be improved
> (transition effects, smooth zoom, "automatic" slide-show).

Yes...
The image section is almost the same since I joined the project, almost
one year ago. We got some functionality, like BINS, but nothing too
advanced.
   I agree with you that some effects would not hurt :) However they're
not essential.
   If you have some time, feel free to send patched :) Or at least do
some googling to find out some python modules that do these effects or
at least some lib that can be used to make them... maybe PIL does.

Gustavo

Yahoo! Mail - o melhor webmail do Brasil
http://mail.yahoo.com.br