[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Ok, here are my first tests for fading between pictures :
>  - In the Python world, it seems (maybe someone can confirm???) that only
> PIL offers a function for fading (the Image.blend function).
>  - I test it by modifying the src/image/ files : the imageitem.oy now
> accepts a second filename, which is the previous image. Then the viewer
> loops in ten step to fade-in/out the previous image to the new one.
>  - On my 800x600 screen (Duron 800 Mhz+R128TVout), the processing is very,
> very slow !!! At least 3/4 sec for fading between two 800x600 pictures,
> with 97% of my CPU !!!
>
> I think that one of the problem is for each frame, the PIL image needs to
> be converted to a Pygame image... Any ideas to do it directly in Pygame

In WIP/Dischi is some test code. It fades one image out and the other
in at the same time. But I have the same problem: 3/4 secs for fading
with everything the CPU has to give. It's very hard to blend two
images together, so I don't think we can make it use less CPU. But it
will be possible to turn off if you don't like / don't want to wast
CPU time.

BREAKFAST.COM halted... cereal port not responding!