Aubin Paul wrote:
>> BTW, I have a small bug in the skin. I don't have RECORD_DIR set, so
>> Freevo sets it to the first item in VIDEO_ITEMS. That dir has an image
>> and a description in the folder.fxd. This looks kind of stupid with
>> your skin (image over the comingup). But you can't remove the image
>> because you need it when you browse the recorded shows. What about we
>> change the type of the tv main menu from 'tv' to e.g. 'tv main', so
>> you can set the info area for the two menus seperate.
>
> I do have it set differently... there is 'tv extended info' and 'video
> info'

I saw that. The problem is that in the tv info you move everything 230
pixel to the left for the video items. That's ugly but it works. The
problem is an image for a folder. You add comingup to the folder in
the complete info width and the view area will paste the image above
the text. What you realy want (I guess): you want a special setting
for the 'tv main menu' showing comingup and no image area. The 'tv'
settings are similar to the normal video settings (no comingup) only
with the tv background. You can do this now by using the menusets for
'tv main menu' (info area showing comingup as default), 'tv' (tv
screen but normal video info area) and 'video' (video screen and
normal tv info area).

>> The comment is from Gustavo who wrote the first version of
>> drawstringframed. Since I rewrote the whole function, this may not be
>> correct anymore.
>
> Looks like it :) But I put in some '-' at the beginning which looks
> ok. The 'items' parameter was supposed to be a template for how to
> display the information, BTW, but I can't think of an easy way for
> that to be passed from the skin into the function.

I will look into this.

"Writing in C or C++ is like running a chain saw with all the safety
 guards removed."
        -Bob Gray