On Thu, 2014-04-10 at 16:22 -0600, Nick Thompson wrote:

> But if we are to get out of this mess, and if we believe families are
> important to human individual and collective well-being, we have to
> find a way to counter the perverse incentives that afflict corporate
> managers.

IMO, lurking in their minds is:  What is this employee's absolute
priority?   Is it the bottom line of the company or is it taking their
kids to school and helping with their homework and building treehouses?
What will be the employee's top priority on a day to day basis?   If I
am cost constrained, who should I choose?  Who is loyal to me?  Who is
predictable and reliable?

Now it is possible that smarter or more productive employees can change
the rules of their priority list and still get more done than the person
putting in the hours, but I think that is the exception.

Marcus