On 4/10/14 10:47 PM, Merle Lefkoff wrote:

Women lost their equal work status 10,000 years ago when the plow was invented.  This is a complicated issue.  It will take time.

I actually own a primitive plow (more appropriately known as an Ard) which my wife and I used in our garden for a (very) short time.   Despite my wife being no slouch physically, mentally nor emotionally, it *always* worked better when I was harnessed up to pull the ard and she managed the guiding of the path and depth of the (wooden) share rather than vice-versa.  If we were being paid for this work according to it's utility it would be a very low rate and I think her task would be more valuable since in principle I could (and should) be replaced by a stronger and more tireless beast.