``That person also could have said something like "People have diverse methods
for deciding what online content to trust", which would also been more useful.
It would imply that some of us are gullible and some of us are skeptical.  But
I think what they really meant was "People are not very diverse in deciding
what online content to trust.  They simply believe what they see without any
scrutiny."  And, worse, the article's and project's very existence is implying
that it's OK to be gullible, we'll just clamp down on these evil sources of
[dm]isinformation for you.  You just go on believing whatever you see without
any scrutiny.''

Are the trustworthy sources playing a long game?   The defection will come, it
is just a matter of how many people are sucked-in before it does..

Marcus