"A pilot might either fly a physical airplane as part of an exercise or they
may fly a simulator.  Either way, their actions are translated to a
scorekeeping mechanism that is automated."

At some point won't these behaviors too be mastered by machine learning?
Obviously, I'm not just taking on gaming here, I'm taking on the idea that
people ought to master narrow "skill sets" at all.    Ok, so a gamer can track
7 objects instead of 3.   Machines could track hundreds or thousands.  Better
to design the machine, no?

Marcus