Well, my feeling on it is that if there was more of people trying to hear each other out and less of people nitpicking this would not even be an issue to bother discussing.

An example would be how often times someone asks for some help trouble shooting something. The types of responses often come out like this:

inaccurate advice
accurate advice
argument against bad advice
argument against good advice
argument for bad advice
argument for good advice
unrelated questions about side issues
discussion goes off-topic completely
people argue about topic changing
the person who asks the question repeats it because they never really did get the help they needed ....

This is obviously not always, if it were, none of us would hang around, but thing is, if we argued less and heard each other out more, things would improve. All of us get drawn into this, myself included.

David