So, nobody on this list really care if they start receiving OFFENSIVE
emails? Well, I do care, for a starter and I think it's legitimate from
other subscribers to care if the offender got their email address from the
list.

Sure it will bother me, but asking you to take care of the problem is like asking my mom to get the playground bullies off my back. Didn't work then, I doubt it would work now. Asking someone else to take care of my problem is becoming powerless. I get 30 spam messages a day, one or two more isn't going to make a difference to me.

Gee! I would think that we're dealing with reasonable people here and I
wouldn't have to do that kind of work. This list has been doing great since
I've been the nanny compared to other lists on LEM. Can't we keep it that
way? Is anybody opposed to this?

I'm reasonable, and not opposed to an open forum (which is what I understood this list to be). I am opposed to anyone encroaching upon my freedom where unnecessary. I would not tolerate the government telling me to be careful what I say in email (let alone verbal conversations), and I'm not going to tolerate you telling me (or anyone) what they can or can't say off-list.

Off-list is where off-topic emails are supposed to migrate. Now you're trying tell us that is no longer acceptable? Regardless of how offensive a conversation might get, sometimes things need saying. Plus, how do you decide what's offensive? Do you say that it's foul language, angry emails, or is it simply when one person feels offended (regardless of content)? It's a very loose concept.

Hamlin