> AirPort Extreme Base Station (without modem and antenna port) - Apple
> Certified
> AirPort Extreme is the next-generation wireless networking solution from
> Apple. Based on a new high-speed wireless technology called 802.11g, it
> enables you to achieve data rates nearly 5 times faster than the original
> AirPort. AirPort Extreme Base Stations support AirPort-enabled and AirPort
> Extreme-enabled Mac computers, as well as Windows PCs with Wi-Fi certified
> 802.11b cards installed.
> Learn More
> € Save 36% off the original price

    Saw the above on DealMac.

    Several time in the past, List subscribers have saved me from making an
unwise purchase by noting that an item on offer was perhaps not the best
buy.

    E.g., when SmallDog (and Apple) this year offered a reduced price on the
sale of Aluminum Power Books, without noting they were Rev A, folks on the
list cautioned me to first determine if they were Rev A and then, for a
number of reasons, if they were, to give them a pass.

    I checked, they were Rev A, and I gave them a pass and got a 14" G4
iBook for my wife instead.

    I presume that the new iMacs will have a built-in modem, so the lack of
a modem on the above Extreme Base Stations should be no problem.  Right???

    May I assume that, using the ABS and the iBook only one floor apart in
my home would mean that the absence of an antenna port would likewise not be
a deal breaker?

    Many thanks,
    bob