I missed those posts too. :-( I bought a refurb 15" AlBook in March. Not
less than six months later, I have two cracks on the plastic frame, the palm
rest has separated from the plastic trim, and there are burned in marks on
the screen.

When I contacted Apple, they told me it was normal wear and tear and thus
not covered by Apple Care.

If you are going to sell your product at a premium, then you must offer
premium customer service.

I think Apple makes a superior desktop machine. My SE and iMac DV wore like
iron, and I have nothing but great things to say about them. I also had
three different Apple desktops through various jobs. Again, all of them were
great machines.

However, having suffered through the PB 180, which needed a new track ball
housing every 6 months, and the AlBook, I thoroughly believe Apple cannot
build or service a lap top.

When I get my next job in three years (I am currently working on my Ph.D. In
Marketing), I will press for an Apple desktop. As for a laptop, dude, I am
getting a Dell.