Come on dude, Yeah okay Apple makes a dud every once and a while. There have plenty of crappy Apple desktops! And there have been crappy lap tops! It's all a mix! I personally never had an Apple laptop break on me, ever! Thats from a PB 100, 165, 190, 1400, Pismo, iBook G4!! Thats six laptops, and I still own all six! they all run perfect! I think Apple laptops are more or less bullet proof! I've owned Dell laptops too! I have currently a Inspiron 1150, I think it's a real piece (if you know what I mean...) I've also owned a few Latitudes in my day, and although they have a nice warranty, they kept breaking!

On the other hand, you get what you pay for.

You bought a re-furb. There obviously had to be something wrong with it in order for it to need to become refurbished. If you want quality you have to pay top dollar! Thats the way this world works! I bought all my laptops brand new, and if there was any sign of any problem I'd send it back before I ever got into using it.

You need to ensure that what they have sold you is their very best.

When you graduate and you've got your Ph.D. and you've got all that money your making from your ~hot!!!~ job, and you go looking for a laptop, just gaze over what Apple has to offer.

Because if you compare a BRAND NEW PowerBook 17" with all the bells and whistles, to a PowerBook 100 with all of "it's" bells and whistles, I'm sure you'll find that apple has only really been improving the design, not digressing.

- Jonathan