On Oct 10, 2004, at 7:19 PM, Steve Fuller wrote:

jsut the same: I'd like to run an older game, five years old to be exact, and the VPC software doesn't seem to be recognizing my vid card as a 3D card. I'm quite aware that VPC wasn't intedned as a gaming platform, but I had hoped to also use it to run my very old copy of Starfleet Command. I'm not certain this is the issue, but this IS how it acted when I was on my old PC that had no vid card.

Make sure you install the VPC extensions into your Windows virtual machine. However, it won't help any. I think all VPC emulates non-accelerated video card. Games are going to suck performance wise.

Pre-release hype was that VPC7 was going to make this better, but I don't think it'll ever be good.

TjL

ps - if you have any problems getting the additions to install, this might help:

http://tntluoma.com/beyond30/2004/09/install_virtual_pc_additions