On Jun 12, 2005, at 9:33 AM, Zoltan Batiz wrote:

Ok, I've watched the keynote address, read all the articles. I still think Jobs is full of it. I can't believe that he's decided to switch to Intel. This has me really nervous. Intel processors, despite the crappy OS that Microsnot tries to make for it, are very unstable in the virus sense. I am concerned that "when" Intel based Macs start rolling out in '06 they are gonna be sitting ducks just waiting for the Intel-versed hacker to start shooting. I AM NOT GOING TO LISTEN TO ANY OF YOU WHO ARE EXCITED BY THIS. THIS IS THE MOST DISTURBING THING I'VE HEARD SINCE THE FALL OF AMIGA. I feel like I'm being let down in the computer industry once again. This move will eventually make all PowerPC Macs obsolete, just like the 68000 Mac's. . .so much for worrying about the G3's life; heck now the G5 is going to be phased out. I am so tired of everyone trying to get somewhere in such a rush. WHO CARES IF POWERPC IS SLOWER THAN CRAPTEL!! I don't! And millions of other Mac users don't! Most PeeCee users are too stupid for the Mac community ANYWAY. I need to stop now. . .I'm so pissed I can barely type. This is what happens when I go up to Arrowhead for a few months on vacation. . .and come back to this. I have one phrase for Jobs: "Greedy Bastard".

Wow.

You know, after a year+ of living in the Mac community, I really thought that all those people who talked about how crazy/fanatical Mac users are were totally exaggerating.

And, of course, for the most part, they are.

But there are a handful out there who really need to step back and look at how wrapped up they are in their computer(s). The rationality just snaps off.

The sky is not falling. No one killed any puppies. Or even kitten. Hell is still hot.

TjL